View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013   #15
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Garbage Time Strategy........

I agree with T-Kyss on the main concept here.

McNair's not going to come out and say something to the press to put pressure on Kubiak or Smith. That's not how he operates.

If he comes out and says something, it's because he's already discussed it with Kubiak and Smith and they came to a consensus on how they were going to present the information and what information they were going to present. I don't think that very much of anything comes out of the Texans organization that hasn't been thought about and discussed. This is a very strong "company line" organization and unlike some teams, the owner is a big part of it.

And what's more, I think that if McNair didn't have that sort of relationship with him being part of the discussions and able to voice his concerns but NOT to the point of him actually directing things, that Smithiak would already be fired. If Kubiak or Rick Smith were empire-building and shutting McNair out so that the only way McNair could get his opinion across was to air it in the media, heads would roll very quickly. McNair comes across as a nice guy (and I'm sure he is) but I get the feeling that if you cross him, he'll roast you and feed you to your children before he kills them. He's one of those guys that politely inserts the blade between your ribs while he's smiling in your face.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote