View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans Garbage Time Strategy........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I do not think you give Mr. McNair much credit. Dude did not become a billionaire by being stupid.

You don't think the fact that the Texans defense was one of the worst in the NFL history had much to do with it? You think McNair was all "golly gee" about it and it was Kubiak that had to tell the doddering old fool what was up?

How about this is McNair's team and he is getting smarter and smarter with each passing year. How about he saw that something needed drastic change, saw an opportunity when Jerrah fired his head coach, held a meeting with Bum, Gary, Rick, and Dante, and proceeded to hire Wade accordingly.

I'm sure that McNair respects and values Kubiak's football knowledge. However, I do not think he's blind to the reality of the state of his franchise.

You tell tru80texan that he does not understand how things work on Kirby. What makes you think that you have the inside knowledge on how things work on Kirby? The Texans FO is like the KGB on it's inner operations. Most of what we have is speculation, even the stuff John McClain spews tends to be opinion over actual knowledge. They do not let anyone in or much information out since the beginning of the franchise.
The Texans FO is like the KGB on it's inner operations.

I agree. I also think McNair is very smart & he goes beyond the "Frank Bush is a bad coach" excuse. That defense looked great in 2009. (not 2011 great). But it didn't in 2009. Whatever the reason Frank Bush couldn't get those guys to play better in 2010, he, cal, Kubiak, & Rick Smith had long long discussions about it. They understood not only where they were, but why they were there. The decisions they made to get them to that point.

When I say Kubiak told him, I don't mean that McNair had no clue. I mean they talk about everything all the time. They decide on the future plans of the Texans. McNair gets to be the mouthpiece, somethings just aren't right for Kubiak to say.

It's better for him to hem&haw at the podium & for Rick Smith to talk you around in circles.