View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013   #6
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Deacon Jones dead at 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Man, I have to say this is one of the first times in a long time I've been sad to hear about an athlete passing. This guy was almost larger than life to me because he was so great, but he reminded me so much of my grandfather who passed away when I was young with his story telling and how real he was. Give a few head slaps up in heaven Deacon!

Deacon Jones passes away at age 74
We lost a true icon of the game..........RIP, Deacon.

From the posted article:

Quote:
Although sacks didnít become an official statistic until 1982, Jones would be among the best all-time in the category.
This statement is not entirely accurate. Shortly after he coined the term "sack" in 1963, the number of QB sacks were maintained as an official stat. It wasn't until 1982, though, that sacks were assigned to specific defenders.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote