View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013   #16
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Early 2014 Mock Drafts

In no particular order, here's a list of guys I will be watching this upcoming season and my take on them:

1.) Jadeveon Clowney (DE): After watching him in the Bowl Game against Michigan (tough loss BTW), I finally understood the hype behind this guy. He has the speed and quickness off the edge a la Jason Taylor but is strong enough to go against almost an OT in the NCAA. Definitely a 1st round, Top 5 pick barring any injuries or drop in performance.

2.) Taylor Lewan (OT): He's a big, powerful OT that can absolutely dominate in the run game. Contrary to what people may say, he held his own against Clowney ad gave him a tough time (as for "The Play", it was not his blocking assignment).

3.) Jake Matthews (OT): A better pass-rush blocker than Lewan, he's an opening day starting left tackle IMO. Has strong bloodlines and is probably better than any of the tackles taken in the 2013 Draft.

4.) Marqise Lee (WR): His play on-the-field made Robert Woods take the back seat as he dominated as a Freshman and in subsequent seasons. A true #1 receiver who can stretch the field and make plays in the clutch.

5.) Louis Nix (DT): A big defensive linemen who will most likely play nose tackle given his size (6'3" 340-lbs). I expect some teams may reach for him, especially for those running a 3-4 system. Not a first round pick but may creep in there.

*****On The Bubble*****

Will Sutton (DT): Most likely a 4-3 UT, he's a guy that should be a first-round pick but may fall into the 2nd round. Just go over to YouTube and watch him play...he demands respect from opposing offensive linemen and has an amazing ability to get in the backfield and cause chaos. I look forward to seeing him play given that ASU will require more out of him this upcoming season.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote