View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013   #30
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Reports: Mutual Interest in Antonio Smith Extension

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Yep

Re-signing Smith to an extention is a bad idea, almost of Schaubian extention proportions. Especially with Watt and Cushing FA on the horizon.
It depends on how they structure it.

He's due $9M this year, which is his cap hit. We can turn $6M of that into a signing bonus over 5 years & his cap hit will drop to $4.2M. Over the remaining 4 years, his cap hit will be the $1.2M plus incentives, plus whatever you make his salary. We can cut him after 2 years if need be (but I doubt we'll need to) & it will cost us $3.6M, after 3 years $2.4M, after 4 years $1.2M

I like Antonio & I think he's worth $4-5M/yr against our cap for the next 5 years so I wouldn't have a problem with an extension like that.

Of course, even though I do not like Schaub, I think he's worth the $11M he's costing our cap, which doesn't even put him in the top 10 of QB caphits of 2013.

But we're tied to him for another year..... whaaaaa... 12 wins. 4000 yards. Whaaaa....