View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013   #28
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Reports: Mutual Interest in Antonio Smith Extension

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Yep

Re-signing Smith to an extention is a bad idea, almost of Schaubian extention proportions. Especially with Watt and Cushing FA on the horizon.
How can you declare this a "bad idea" when no one knows what the numbers (length & $$/yr) will be??

There's no way he'll get a Schaub-level extension (money-level, I mean) because DT/DE hybrids just don't make that kind of $$. The guys over at BattleRedBlog are thinking this level of money...

Quote:
With all that in mind, I think Antonio is looking at about a three-year extension worth about $4-5M a year. When added with his current owed money, I think he'll see some of this salary converted into a signing bonus to help cap relief now. The extension I'd lock in at is three years for $13M with $5.75M guaranteed. It's not a crazy number, it's a nice show of loyalty to a hard-working veteran, and it doesn't hinder you from making a cap casualty cut if he declines drastically in two or three years. It's a win-win move on both sides.
That doesn't sound outrageous to me.

...unless you're thinking of low-balling Ninja to set the stage to low-ball Cush and J.J. when their time comes.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote