View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans Garbage Time Strategy........

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
Hmmmmm....now I couldn't disagree more w/ almost everything you stated. If you think somehow Kubiak's personnel decisions, coaches & players, didn't have anything to do w/ a buddy system to which he was overly loyal to....
It's always a buddy system. Every team in the league is run on the buddy system. We mentioned a while back that Kubiak's circle was too small & the Houston Texans didn't have anything to attract the best DC candidates. If Wade didn't have ties to Houston & his Dad wasn't such good friends with McNair, we would have had no shot at bringing in Wade just like we had no shot at bringing in the top WR talent in FA.

WIIFM, that's what coaches & players are thinking about when they are out looking for a job. & we had nothing.

Quote:
To say that either one was the best option, but not the best DC just seems about as foolish as saying we a had a great combo at #2 WR w/ Jacoby & Walter being the #2 & #2A. Once again, another example of the silliness & foolishness that we have been force fed & some have actually bought into.
Greg Williams - Wants way to much money, not an option
Mike Nolan - They got Dumerville, he's going to Denver
Monte Kiffen - He's not leaving his boy
Frank Bush - Whelp... looks like our best option

Quote:
The WR position has been neglected for years & the claim that it has been addressed in the past w/out success makes perfect sense once you consider the talent that has been drafted & the FA's brought in.
You can't neglect something & address it at the same time. Only one of those conditions can possibly be true.

& you may not agree with the direction the team took, but it's obvious Kubiak took one for the team & tried to make lemonade while putting the vast majority of team resources in the defense. & he's done a pretty good job of it to date, but to get to where we need to go, they know they have to spend more on offense & they did.

I think they should have made that decision last year, but they didn't. They tried, Posey & Martin are proof of that. What we did in the 2013 draft is simply an extension of that.

Quote:
As far as McNair, it seems pretty obvious these issues were not resolved until the owner made it known to all that he had concerns about these areas which leads me to believe he took an active role to ensure they finally got resolved.

Once again, thank you McNair for stepping in & righting your ship.
Had Posey not torn his achilles I doubt we'd have used a first on WR. Probably still an offensive player & I bet McNair would have announced that's what we needed. Because Kubiak told him that's what was needed.

They all say the same thing. They have since Kubiak was hired. They will, until he's gone.