View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013   #10
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Garbage Time Strategy........

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I really think you don't understand how things work on Kirby. If Bob McNair says we need a WR, it's because Kubiak told him we need a WR. If Bob McNair says we need a DC, it's because Kubiak said we need a DC.

No doubt Kubiak is a lucky S.O.B. for still having a job with the Texans & I definitely do not doubt that McNair was a coin flip away from letting him walk.

But these guys round table everything & they all parrot each other. They knew they had a DC problem when they brought FrankBush in & didn't fire RichardSmith. "We" look at it & say they have loyalty issues, but the truth is it isn't that easy to find the right guy that will gel with our close knit family.

Remember, some of us wanted GregWilliams. We could have won a SuperBowl with him... most likely not, but at what cost? How would that bounty thing go? Or would we even allow it & would Williams be able to motivate his group without it? What if they knew that's the way he worked & just didn't want to deal with it.

Maybe they tried to get FrankBush to work because "they" (and that's everyone; McNair, Cal, Kubiak, Smith, Rootes, Olsen, etc.... ) thought it was their best option. Not best DC, best option.

& they knew they had WR issues last year, but they also had pass rushing issues. Had to deal with all their issues. DevierPosey was a great shot at it..... I think. 1st round talent in my mind.

We've been drafting WRs for some time now, none of them panned out for one reason or another. I believe their goal had been consistency over quality & that's why Walter started as long as he did.

I'm not saying that I agree with every move they made, only acknowledging that we can't fix every problem. They chose to address particular problems with their draft picks & their FA dollars....

If I were king the 2012 draft would have been an offensive draft, but I can't tell you who I would have drafted in place of Whitney Mercilus. I don't remember what FAs we brought in that year, but I do remember a bunch of WRs that I'd like to have taken a shot at.

But I'm not king. Kubiak is & we won 13 games. I don't know that I could have done better.
Hmmmmm....now I couldn't disagree more w/ almost everything you stated. If you think somehow Kubiak's personnel decisions, coaches & players, didn't have anything to do w/ a buddy system to which he was overly loyal to, then I question your vision because it was clear to most, if not all, that Smith & Bush were both over matched & abused as DC's week in & week out. To say that either one was the best option, but not the best DC just seems about as foolish as saying we a had a great combo at #2 WR w/ Jacoby & Walter being the #2 & #2A. Once again, another example of the silliness & foolishness that we have been force fed & some have actually bought into. Since when has a team openly said that they are happy w/ needing 2 players to fill one role on a team?? It simply doesn't happen...unless you are in Houston of course. Since that foolishness has come out both of those "#2" WR's have been released & ONE player has finally been drafted to fill a role that has hardly been consistent, but in decline for years as it has been manned by a WR who has been glorified & overly praised for blocking as opposed to actually catching the ball & scoring. The WR position has been neglected for years & the claim that it has been addressed in the past w/out success makes perfect sense once you consider the talent that has been drafted & the FA's brought in. I don't think many outside of Houston actually believed the issue was resolved w/ the likes of Dickerson, Holliday, D. Anderson, & J. Jones being drafted to go along w/ Bryant Johnson & Andre Davis being brought in as FA's. That talent pool pretty much speaks for itself imo.

As far as McNair, it seems pretty obvious these issues were not resolved until the owner made it known to all that he had concerns about these areas which leads me to believe he took an active role to ensure they finally got resolved. It's been said many of times that McNair was active in acquiring Wade & it just so happens that once McNair stated, yet again, another area of concern, playmaking WR, needed to be addressed...low & behold...it is finally addressed in an adequate manner. Kubiak couldn't find an adequate DC or playmaking WR in the past but somehow you want me to believe that once McNair spoke up it was because Kubiak told him what was needed...as if McNair doesn't have eyes or common sense. Okkkk...

Once again, thank you McNair for stepping in & righting your ship.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote