View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013   #51
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266324 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lestar Jean??????????????????????-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Doc - how much time did he miss last season? He was active for 13 of 18 games, and I'm not sure that any of the 5 he wasn't active for were injury related (three of them were the first three games of the season). He was injured in the last game of the season, so until OTA's, the achilles didn't cost him a minute of practice time. I'm just not sure whether the idea that he missed a bunch of practice time in 2012 is accurate.

Also, his last year at Ohio State (The year he was suspended almost the entire time) - while he was suspended from playing, he wasn't suspended from practice, and he did spend the whole season practicing with the team. So while he wasn't playing in games - up until the very end of the season - he did practice the entire season.

I'm not saying he won't end up on reserve PUP - I think it's extremely likely he will (and I wouldn't be shocked to see him go from there to IR). I'm just not sure that part of your post is accurate.
Kubiak made several statements about Posey's need to catch up from his college experience:

Quote:
Kubiak said of Posey: “He has a lot of talent, a lot of ability. You could tell in OTAs and stuff that he had missed a lot of football, but I see him catching up.
Chronicle

Looking at his stats last year, I would have to say that he did not have very plentiful game play time. Near the end of the season (week 12), he was inactive and thereafter dogged for several more games all with hamstring and knee problems.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote