View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013   #48
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lestar Jean??????????????????????-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Brother ObsiWan,

I would not have high hopes for him avoiding reserve PUP. He had his ruptured Achilles repaired on Jan 19 (along with a finger fracture he had been playing with). With all the time he missed last year (not to mention before we drafted him) plus this set back plus it takes time to become game ready...........
Doc - how much time did he miss last season? He was active for 13 of 18 games, and I'm not sure that any of the 5 he wasn't active for were injury related (three of them were the first three games of the season). He was injured in the last game of the season, so until OTA's, the achilles didn't cost him a minute of practice time. I'm just not sure whether the idea that he missed a bunch of practice time in 2012 is accurate.

Also, his last year at Ohio State (The year he was suspended almost the entire time) - while he was suspended from playing, he wasn't suspended from practice, and he did spend the whole season practicing with the team. So while he wasn't playing in games - up until the very end of the season - he did practice the entire season.

I'm not saying he won't end up on reserve PUP - I think it's extremely likely he will (and I wouldn't be shocked to see him go from there to IR). I'm just not sure that part of your post is accurate.