View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013   #42
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 199795 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lestar Jean??????????????????????-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
The reason I said 4 is that we very seldom go with 5 WR sets. Our 5-wideout sets tend to be 3 WRs, 1 TE, & 1 RB or 4 WRs and 1 TE.

But Cak is right, we carried 5 last year and the year before. So maybe 5 is the number this year too.

I know this has been explained before, but one more time for us memory challenged folk.... Posey will likely start the year on the PUP list right? So does that give us another spot until he returns? I mean, we'll have the 53-man roster + the PUP guy... right?
You can PUP as many guys as you want but you have to specify them, I believe, before Training Camp starts. They have to start Training Camp on PUP. If they come off PUP before the season starts, they can't be put back on PUP. They can't practice with the team but they can work with the doctors and trainers on rehabbing their injury.

If they're on PUP when the season starts, then they're off the table for several weeks (can't remember offhand how many, I think it's 6 weeks) and then they have a couple of weeks to bring that player back and get him up to speed or put him on IR. At that point (assuming you don't put him on IR), he becomes one of the 53 and you have to drop someone. They do not count against the roster until that point.

So Posey should be named PUP going into TC. Then he should be named PUP going into the season. And then we will see if he's ready when his PUP time is used up.

If we put him on IR, he doesn't count against the 53 but all he can do is work with the doctors and trainers on rehab. We COULD put him on IR with the possibility of coming back later. That way, he doesn't count against the 53, he doesn't have to start off on PUP, and he could come back at any time. BUT... you can only do bring back 1 IR'd player, iirc. So we should save that for a player who goes down during the season that we think we can get back for the playoffs.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote