View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013   #38
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lestar Jean??????????????????????-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I think Jean has missed his window to break into the starting line up. In OTAs and T/C prior to the 2012 season, Walter was his only real comp. Yes, Posey and K.Martin had been drafted but he had a year in our system under his belt and they were rooks trying to learn.

Now K. Martin has that year of experience so that edge is gone. We all know that #2 is Hopkins' to lose, and from the early returns he won't. I don't think we'll carry more than 4 WRs unless one of them excels on special teams. The current roster at HT.com shows ten guys in the WR position. At the risk of stating the obvious, the #1 spot is unquestionably nailed down and the #2 spot is 90% a given at this point. Eight guys for the last two spots. Going by what I've heard from our on-the-spot bloggers, I'd give Bonner the edge for #3. So Jean has to beat out K. Martin, J. Maehl, and all the rest to earn that spot. If Posey was here and healthy, I doubt Jean would have a chance.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see Jean sticking.

But, OTOH, there's still T/C and preseason. So there's time to move up the depth chart. But the competition is much tougher than it was last year this time and much, much tougher than when he got here.
^^^ This is very close to what I feel. MSR.

I think we'll probably carry 5 instead of 4 but other than that and the fact that I think Martin is ahead of Bonner. Yeah.

1 - Andre
2 - Deandre
3 - Martin -- "the" slot guy
4 - Bonner -- all-purpose guy who could have a big future
5 - A ST player who would be Posey if he wasn't injured.

And then the guys with PS eligibility.

So I give Jean slightly more of a shot than you because I have that 5th slot and I think he does/has played gunner on ST. If we go with 4, I don't see any way he makes the team but even then, when Posey comes back, Jean is done.

Jean was a guy we had hopes for but at least at this point, he doesn't look like he's been able to cut it.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote