View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013   #36
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lestar Jean??????????????????????-

I think Jean has missed his window to break into the starting line up. In OTAs and T/C prior to the 2012 season, Walter was his only real comp. Yes, Posey and K.Martin had been drafted but he had a year in our system under his belt and they were rooks trying to learn.

Now K. Martin has that year of experience so that edge is gone. We all know that #2 is Hopkins' to lose, and from the early returns he won't. I don't think we'll carry more than 4 WRs unless one of them excels on special teams. The current roster at HT.com shows ten guys in the WR position. At the risk of stating the obvious, the #1 spot is unquestionably nailed down and the #2 spot is 90% a given at this point. Eight guys for the last two spots. Going by what I've heard from our on-the-spot bloggers, I'd give Bonner the edge for #3. So Jean has to beat out K. Martin, J. Maehl, and all the rest to earn that spot. If Posey was here and healthy, I doubt Jean would have a chance.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see Jean sticking.

But, OTOH, there's still T/C and preseason. So there's time to move up the depth chart. But the competition is much tougher than it was last year this time and much, much tougher than when he got here.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote