View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013   #94
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 146812 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TJ Yates vs Case Keenum (Training Camp/Pre season 2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
How many yrs were they 7-9, 9-7? Dexman has it posted somewhere.

How much farther did they get in the playoffs last yr with their vet QB, vs a late rd rookie QB? That may be good enough for some people, but I want to see progress.

Fans in Houston have been programmed to the aww shucks routine of good is good enough. I'm not one of those kind of fans, sorry my sights may be set too high for most on this MB. But to me with football/business etc it's about win or else and if you dont set you're goals to be the best then you never will be the best.

PS, how many yrs does Gary get before the we will have to adjust to a new offense routine wears out? 8 yrs? 10 yrs? 20 yrs? When would you say enough is enugh? I think Gary did his best job coaching since he's been here last yr. BTW
That's all well and good and great for you for having such high standards. But you need to use a word other than "mediocre" because that word does not mean what you're wanting to communicate. According to your definition, the Patriots are a mediocre team as were the Colts during the Manning-era.

Are we where we want to be? No. But as hard as it is for you to get your head around, we're a winning team now. We're not mediocre by any stretch of the definition.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote