View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013   #8
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Garbage Time Strategy........

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
What's interesting about that statement is that not only could that have been the case, but it is ultimately a situation that Kubiak created & was not necessarily dealt. Kubiak chose to not address the WR position properly for years as he attempted to convince all that his offense could do well w/out a true #2 WR at all times. Kubiak, imo, was the culprit in creating the conservative offense, not the victim based on personnel. Jacoby, Holliday, Jean, & even Martin & Posey were not aggressive attempts in correcting a known problem area that limited the offense at times & thus created the conservative reputation. That is on Kubiak & Smith imo.

It's a shame that once again the owner had to make it clear on what he wanted & felt was needed to fix yet another glaring issue to take this team hopefully to the next level.

Thank you, McNair. I'm not sure Wade or DeAndre would be here if you hadn't voiced your opinion.
Kubiak also had more pressing issues for years ok the defensive side of the ball.
I wonder if Kubiak regards WR's the same way he does RB's I. The zone scheme. There's not much need to invest high draft picks in them and the scheme can make the player better.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote