View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013   #12
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146271 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Reports: Mutual Interest in Antonio Smith Extension

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Getting Cushing signed to a contract extension using the $$ freed up by extending Smith is the best reason I see, but only if the numbers work out over the long term.

Signing Cush now could save the team tons of cash next year or the possibility of losing him to FA. There are lots of unknowns with Cush coming off of the ACL injury, but it seems reasonable to assume he will return to form rather than suffer a drop off in performance. Nobody will ever out try Cush. They might match him, but they won't out do him.
Why extend Smith for Cushng if the $9.5 cap hit from Smith leaves with Smith after this season? Now if they want Smith for longer than this season at lower price, cool but different issue. If afraid of losing Cush we can redo Smith anytime. I am hoping they have another target and it should be substantial.