View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013   #55
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: TJ Yates vs Case Keenum (Training Camp/Pre season 2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
If something happened and one of them had to take some time being the number 1 QB, I would not panic. It might be a little bumpy here and there, but I don't think Schaub brings so much to the table that if you lose him your season outlook significantly changes.
The only reservation I have about drafting Schaub's replacement now, is that I don't think we're ready for it. I don't want to be in a position where we have to give up an entire draft to get our starter.

Even though Washington had a good draft in 2012, & 2013 I would've been uncomfortable with that. After watching RG3 his rookie year, not so much. But they still had a crap load of picks in both years.

I liked how Denver was able to move up & get Cutler, I would have been fine with a move like that.

I'd have liked to have seen RickSmith start stockpiling future picks the last couple of years so we would be able to do something like that, if we saw our guy somewhere in the 5 to 15 range.

At the same time, I like how Holmgren was able to get Hasselbeck, who I've always liked as a starting QB, when he was in Seattle. Payton wanted to bring Romo with him when he went to N.O. that would have been interesting. Them getting Brees, that was a "stars aligning" kind of thing, you usually don't see that kind of player available in FA. & we've done pretty good with Schaub and that only cost us two 2nds.... & with QBs like Kolb, Flyn, Palmer, & the like out there, I think our options will probably extend beyond the draft.

But no, I'm not worried about starting Yates/Keenum if it comes down to it. We'll win some, we'll lose some but at the end of the day, we'll move forward... I think.