View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013   #185
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 78264 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub is the Rodney Dangerfield Of QBs He Gets No Respect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenjy9 View Post
...Top flight and very good QB's have consistently shown when their teams need them, the ability to rise to or above the challenge. I don't see that in Schaub... at all. When we are down, I am not looking at Schaub to possibly bail us out. I look towards are D first, then Foster, and then AJ. I just pray to god that Schaub does not screw things up.

- Schaub is incredibly immobile and leaves a lot of dead plays on the field, must like Alex Smith
1st bolded: The D seemed to fall apart at the most inopportune times last season as well after game 5. Arian is a good bet at times but not on 3rd and long unless he's coming out of the backfield for a catch and run. And yes, AJ is AJ. If we can only trust AJ and Foster who's getting them the ball? I haven't seen a halfback pass since...well, we all know when. My point is there's a disconnect in this train of thought. If either of these guys are going to get us that 1st then the ball is coming from #8. He's shown the ability to do it many, many times in the past.

I'm not going to try to defend his play of late last season. I think we all agree he played poorly down the stretch. But to be as down on him as you are is discounting tremendously what he's done in the past and I hope he can reach back and be that QB again. Whether he does or not remains to be seen but as has been pointed out time and again, it's a moot point, he's our QB for the next couple of years.

To the second bolded: Is that the same Alex Smith that had a 97 passer rating when he got concussed and lost his job?

I, like everyone else hope Matt gets his MoJo back and plays as well as he has in the past but I can't bring myself to go all doom and gloom. By all reports he's looking pretty dadgum sharp in OTAs. I know it's just practice in shorts but it's better than hearing reports that would reflect him playing as poorly as you seem to think that that's all he's capable of.

We'll see...

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote