View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013   #65
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Secret Superstar: Kareem Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
JJo is going into his eighth year. KJ is starting his fourth. JJo was not the player he is now in his first few years either. As has been hammered time and again CB is the most difficult position to transition into from a collegiate career other than QB. I think it's safe to say by seeing how far he's come that one could pretty safely extrapolate a solid career for KJ. I wouldn't think it's out of the realm of probability that he becomes as good of a player as JJo this season or next.
That statement is not entirely accurate. I'm sure JJo did take some lumps his rookie season, but he only started 9 games & ended up still defending 20 passes. KJ didn't even defend 20 passes in first 2 seasons combined(16 to be exact). JJo started in 2007 & played well by most accounts. Then started in 2008 & was having a good season before it was cut short by injury. He then returned in 2009 & once again had a good season & earned All Joe team honors which is given to players whom have played well but aren't given the credit some feel is deserved.

I'm not saying CB is not a difficult position to transition to, but your comparison of JJo & KJ is a bit off base & far from accurate. JJo showed the potential from day 1 & KJ obviously did not. Which is exactly why I said let's get another solid year out of KJ before prematurely claiming he is a "superstar" after producing just 1 solid season of play in his young 3yr career. KJ has shown improvement, without a doubt, but in the end it still only equates to 1 solid season & there have been multiple players who have come & gone w/ 1 solid season of play under their belts & didn't turn into superstars. Time will tell & I hope he continues to improve, but JJo is our #1 cb for good reason.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote