View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013   #260
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235987 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans OTAs thread (5/20-21, 23, 28-30, 6/3-6).

Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield 1h
“I’ve never seen him move like that before, all trim and cut up. Looks like a julienne salad.” Antonio Smith on @briancushing56

"Brian Cushing's gonna come back and be... 'Ultimate Cush.' Like the Ultimate Warrior." @antoniosmith94 #Texans

Kubiak on @JJWatt: “Special person, special player. We better enjoy it every day. They don’t come along like that very often.” #Texans

Gary Kubiak named S Eddie Pleasant & CB Brandon Harris a couple times this week as impressive young players #Texans

With Ed Reed out of OTAs, S DJ Swearinger has been working w/ the 1st-team defense in dime along w/ Keo, D. Manning #Texans

Gary Kubiak on OTAs: "I think it’s been really good. I like the focus. It’s a good group. They know how to work." #Texans

The #Texans finished their 2nd week of OTAs today. 4 more practices next week, then a 3-day mini-camp June 11-13

Gary Kubiak on DJ Swearinger: "He’s got a ton of confidence. He just walks out here like he belongs, and he does." #Texans

PDS ‏@PatDStat 2h
Watching the #Texans DBs work in group together is fun to see. There is constant competition and Vance Joseph is a non stop worker.

Ninja also added "J.J. just gave them to me, I didn't have to do anything for them." #Texans

Talked to Ninja about wearing the MegaWatts[shoes] yesterday to practice, he said "J.J. knew I better have been the first one to get them."

Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein 2h
Gary Kubiak says 2nd year guard Brandon Brooks is the starter and that the job is his to lose. Brooks is powerful & down 25 pounds this yr

PDS ‏@PatDStat 2h
Scheme plays a big part in draft boards, just interesting to see what other teams have as grades for players. #Texans

Hopkins (2nd) Swearinger (3rd) Brennan Williams (5th) Trevardo Williams (7th) David Quessenberry (7th) Other picks were not on board.

According to the leaked Cowboys draft board they had the following round grades on the #Texans draft picks.

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 3h
Smith's contract poses a cap problem as it stands right now. Will blog some more in a second.

Antonio Smith said he's told #Texans he wants to spend the rest of his career in Houston. Said team told him they're open to an extension.

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN
J.J. Watt says the biggest growth he's seen in Earl Mitchell is his confidence.

Gary Kubiak says that next week will be a lot of work in the Redzone and situational teaching.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote