View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013   #64
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Secret Superstar: Kareem Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
JJo is going into his eighth year. KJ is starting his fourth. JJo was not the player he is now in his first few years either. As has been hammered time and again CB is the most difficult position to transition into from a collegiate career other than QB. I think it's safe to say by seeing how far he's come that one could pretty safely extrapolate a solid career for KJ. I wouldn't think it's out of the realm of probability that he becomes as good of a player as JJo this season or next.
Barring injury.

But, this "superstar" talk is just as goofy as the "elite" QB talk. It's just some adjective a writer used to get his point across & some people are just getting a little carried away with it. We know who KJ is.

What I'd like to know, is what CB has played better than KJ from day one to now, since the 2009 draft. If the position is as tough to learn, as has been said, it should be a pretty short list.

I know McCourty had a heck of a rookie year, but since then, I don't know what to say. I know if we bounced Kareem, or Brandon Harris, or Quin between safety & CB, we would say that he wasn't that good of a corner. Does that hold true for McCourty? I'm sure he'd like to be thought of (& paid) as a CB, but I don't think he will be.

I know Kj was drafted in the 2010 draft, I just wanted to expand the field.