View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013   #63
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Secret Superstar: Kareem Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
I would have to agree. KJ is improving, but is not a superstar. He finally showed improvement last season, but when it's all said & done he has had more bad seasons then good ones thus far in his NFL career. I have been highly critical of KJ in the past & still believe he showed some of the flaws in his game last season that have plagued him from day one, such as not getting his head around & biting on double moves to get burned, but he has definetly improved. I think I'm going to at least wait to see if KJ can produce at least 2 seasons of quality play before anointing him a "superstar". Hopefully KJ continues to get better, but that remains to be seen because one season of quality play doesn't quite solidify a player as being a good player much less a superstar IMO.

There is a reason JJo is still on the team as the #1 CB & considered one of the best in the NFL & it comes back to quality play over multiple years...not just one season like KJ has produced.
JJo is going into his eighth year. KJ is starting his fourth. JJo was not the player he is now in his first few years either. As has been hammered time and again CB is the most difficult position to transition into from a collegiate career other than QB. I think it's safe to say by seeing how far he's come that one could pretty safely extrapolate a solid career for KJ. I wouldn't think it's out of the realm of probability that he becomes as good of a player as JJo this season or next.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote