View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013   #175
chenjy9
Veteran

Rep Power: 4127 chenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub is the Rodney Dangerfield Of QBs He Gets No Respect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
How much clearer can i be when i say that Schaub has performed at least as well as many of these qb's throughout the season who've won SB's in the past?

I understand this is your opinion & i respect it but it's an unfounded assertion you're operating from.

If you agree that all great teams/qbs need a bit of luck & the right things around them to win a SB............

& you agree that there are other things that are at least in part responsible for holding this team back................

& Schaub numbers statistically bear out that he is at least on par or better than what some past & recent SB winning qb's have put up.............

How can you contend that we would need substantially more luck than other teams/qbs needed to win a SB and would have to "carry" him?

What's more is how can you automatically assume that us not making it to & winning a SB in the future is waaaaayyyy out of the question as long as he's the starting qb?
There is a difference between a little luck and a ton of luck. We need a ton of luck to win with Schaub as our QB. There is also a difference between a team having to carry their QB to victory in big games and teams whose QB consistently and reliably contributes to victory. That is my assertion. Top flight and very good QB's have consistently shown when their teams need them, the ability to rise to or above the challenge. I don't see that in Schaub... at all. When we are down, I am not looking at Schaub to possibly bail us out. I look towards are D first, then Foster, and then AJ. I just pray to god that Schaub does not screw things up.

QB's can have good stat lines and still not be considered as good as some of their peers. My "feeling" and opinions come from these observations:

- Schaub is incredibly immobile and leaves a lot of dead plays on the field, must like Alex Smith
- On 3rd and long situations, I consistently see him check down to someone well short of the first down line or instantly throw it away
- When pressure mounts, he folds. If we are not up and doing our usual ground and pound business and needing Schaub to bring us back, I have no confidence in his ability to do so

Again... since some have trouble reading... I am not saying we need to replace him with one of our backups here and now at this specific moment. However, I am saying that if we don't look for a replacement (backups, drafts, free agency) already, either Kubes or the FO are being idiots about Schaub. He will never be more than what he is and that is not going to help us go anywhere serious.
chenjy9 is offline   Reply With Quote