View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013   #173
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub is the Rodney Dangerfield Of QBs He Gets No Respect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenjy9 View Post
Again... your argument fails to make a clear point to me. All great teams still need a bit of luck to win a SB. With Schaub under center, I feel like we would need an incredible amount of luck to win the SB, hence "all the stars align" mentality. I am not asking for a HoF at QB or every position. Where the heck did you even pull that out from? What I want is simple; for us to replace Schaub ASAP because he will not help us get anywhere. If we DO get anywhere, it will be in spite of him. At this point, I would even take Romo over Schaub and I hate Romo.
It all comes back around to "you feel" and "you want." You can want and hate all you want but doesn't matter, you're not going to get it this year.

I've been saying for a while, if we're going to draft our replacement for Schaub, it's probably going to be this next draft and then you can expect Kubiak to groom Schaub's replacement for at least a year, possibly two. Expecting a change to be made at QB right now is silly; if it was going to happen, it would have already happened. You can expect at least 2 more years of Schaub as your QB barring injury.

Kubiak might not even draft Schaub's replacement for a couple more years.

You can whine and ***** all you want but that's the reality of the situation.

So the question becomes, can we win a SB with Schaub? Obviously, you say no. You say no over and over and over in just about every post you make on a level that we've not seen since... was it CKHouston? But then again, you also say we can but we'll need a helluva lot of luck.

MrTex's point is that it doesn't matter if you've got Brady or Manning or Schaub. You have to be very, very lucky to win a SB. Even with the greatest of QBs, you won't get many chances. Brady and Peyton are two of the greatest QBs of all time and they've only been in 2 SBs of the last 6 SBs and haven't won one in 7 years.

Every year is a new year and it's all about putting a team together and getting lucky.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote