View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013   #172
chenjy9
Veteran

Rep Power: 2371 chenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub is the Rodney Dangerfield Of QBs He Gets No Respect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
The point is that even those qb's need(ed) a little luck & guys around them making plays and great decisions to have a large part of the success they've enjoyed....& that at least in part has something to do with why they are considered better than Schaub and why many would want those guys over him. Some more than others but the same recipe nonetheless. The Texans & Schaub have just gotten to the point where the talent is at a level where you can actually say that. Before 2011............................. We had virtually no chance in certain games.

You can't have pro-bowlers and HOFers at every position & as I said to Rey, It doesn't matter what you'd rather be, it's what you are & what breaks are handed to you throughout the course of a game/season. What are you guys exactly saying with that statement anyway?... What, you wouldn't want your team to recover a fumble on a muffed punt if it had nothing to do with your teams skill in causing the fumble? C'mon. In a tight game in the playoffs, luck or no luck you'd be or depending on what side of the coin you're on.

The NFL moreso than the NBA/MLB is where luck and circumstance plays more of a role in deciding a game b/c that's just it.......it's only 1 game & you advance if you win....where a scrub can rise up for 1 game (Timmy Smith, Larry Brown anyone?) and play above his head & make a game changing play(s). Where weather can lessen the advantage of 1 team over another enough to where the underdog may have a chance.
Again... your argument fails to make a clear point to me. All great teams still need a bit of luck to win a SB. With Schaub under center, I feel like we would need an incredible amount of luck to win the SB, hence "all the stars align" mentality. I am not asking for a HoF at QB or every position. Where the heck did you even pull that out from? What I want is simple; for us to replace Schaub ASAP because he will not help us get anywhere. If we DO get anywhere, it will be in spite of him. At this point, I would even take Romo over Schaub and I hate Romo.
chenjy9 is offline   Reply With Quote