View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013   #169
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub is the Rodney Dangerfield Of QBs He Gets No Respect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenjy9 View Post
What are you trying to prove here? Every single one of those teams have on both sides of the SB has a QB that I would rather have instead of Schaub. Brady, Manning, Flacco, Big Ben, and Wagner are all better QB's than Schaub IMO. I already said that there are several things holding our team back, hence my complete lack of confidence that we can go anywhere serious with Schaub under center. We would have to carry him to victory and I don't think we are good enough to do that. Carr was a scrub. We wouldn't even sniff the playoffs if he was under center.

I rather have a great team than be a lucky team. Great teams find sustained success and lucky teams flame out when their luck runs dries.
The point is that even those qb's need(ed) a little luck & guys around them making plays and great decisions to have a large part of the success they've enjoyed....& that at least in part has something to do with why they are considered better than Schaub and why many would want those guys over him. Some more than others but the same recipe nonetheless. The Texans & Schaub have just gotten to the point where the talent is at a level where you can actually say that. Before 2011............................. We had virtually no chance in certain games.

You can't have pro-bowlers and HOFers at every position & as I said to Rey, It doesn't matter what you'd rather be, it's what you are & what breaks are handed to you throughout the course of a game/season. What are you guys exactly saying with that statement anyway?... What, you wouldn't want your team to recover a fumble on a muffed punt if it had nothing to do with your teams skill in causing the fumble? C'mon. In a tight game in the playoffs, luck or no luck you'd be or depending on what side of the coin you're on.

The NFL moreso than the NBA/MLB is where luck and circumstance plays more of a role in deciding a game b/c that's just it.......it's only 1 game & you advance if you win....where a scrub can rise up for 1 game (Timmy Smith, Larry Brown anyone?) and play above his head & make a game changing play(s). Where weather can lessen the advantage of 1 team over another enough to where the underdog may have a chance.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote