View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013   #166
chenjy9
Veteran

Rep Power: 4756 chenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub is the Rodney Dangerfield Of QBs He Gets No Respect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'd say that's fair. He's got weaknesses, but who don't? The Elite guys have the ability to overcome those weaknesses & to some extent the weaknesses of their team. Schaub, Romo, Rivers, have not shown that they can.

& it sucks, that guys like Kaepernick, RG3, & Russell Wilson are showing that ability in year 1. But if you've watched the game long enough & you watched guys like Romo & Rivers you know doing it year in & year out is another story.

At least Schaub is consistent. You can plan around consistency. You can't plan around whatever it is that Romo does. One year you'll be 11-5, the next you'll be 9-7 on the outside looking in. You'll have 1 play off win in over a decade.

Rivers though much stronger armed than Schaub had a great team built around him & he couldn't get the job done inside their little window. Schaub's window is closing. I understand guys who want to move on. But I don't know if I'd have the gnads to do it. It's hard to find a decent QB in this league.
Which is why no one is seriously advocating that we replace him with Yates or Keenum now. That said, the FO has to be dumb as hell if they aren't considering looking for his replacement already. I don't know if Yates or Keenum or someone else will be the answer, but Schaub is definitely not an answer IMO.

Some of you are diehard fans of Schaub and that's fine. I look towards both the present and the future for the Texans and I can't honestly see deep postseason success with Schaub under center. It is as simple as that. We all have our own opinions.
chenjy9 is offline   Reply With Quote