View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013   #165
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Schaub is the Rodney Dangerfield Of QBs He Gets No Respect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

Schaub is a C- to B+ QB. That's not terrible. But he's not above reproach. He has his share of faults that could potentially hurt the team in important moments. At best Schaub is a distributor making the smart plays and feeding talented guys around him. At worst he's a guy that is trying to make plays. The guy is insulated by an offense that is QB friendly and lends itself to high percentage pass plays. Just about every QB that has played in this offense has looked better in it than most thought they would or better than they had played at any other stop.

Schaub doesn't suck. But he does have moments where he absolutely blows. He's not great, but he's had some great moments. But just from my perspective, he's sucked more than he's been great. And he's been average or good more than both.

I'd say that's fair. He's got weaknesses, but who don't? The Elite guys have the ability to overcome those weaknesses & to some extent the weaknesses of their team. Schaub, Romo, Rivers, have not shown that they can.

& it sucks, that guys like Kaepernick, RG3, & Russell Wilson are showing that ability in year 1. But if you've watched the game long enough & you watched guys like Romo & Rivers you know doing it year in & year out is another story.

At least Schaub is consistent. You can plan around consistency. You can't plan around whatever it is that Romo does. One year you'll be 11-5, the next you'll be 9-7 on the outside looking in. You'll have 1 play off win in over a decade.

Rivers though much stronger armed than Schaub had a great team built around him & he couldn't get the job done inside their little window. Schaub's window is closing. I understand guys who want to move on. But I don't know if I'd have the gnads to do it. It's hard to find a decent QB in this league.