View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013   #156
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Schaub is the Rodney Dangerfield Of QBs He Gets No Respect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILLYTEXANFAN View Post
Nah, he'll win the super bowl than get Dilfer'd
I was watching NFLN last night & after they had a chat with Watt, they talked about Foster's calf sprain. While yaking about the awesomeness that is Arian Foster, they showed a few highlights of the big guy who is remarkably light on his feet.

One of the highlights was of his fingertip TD catch against the Bears. Watching that highlight, for the first time I saw Schaub escape the pocket & with pressure on his heels, throw that ball, that Foster eventually caught for the score.

Surely my eyes were deceiving me. So, since I didn't have the Bears game on my DVR anymore (one of my kids will pay) I decided to watch a bit of the Ravens game (as I just mentioned yesterday, that was one of the games I thought we dominated as a team). Much to my chagrin, we didn't score on any of our first three possessions, BattleRed or no.

Still, I saw an active Schaub moving deftly in the pocket (the first TD to Walter was a great sidestep by Schaub) & make plays outside the pocket. I also saw a few times he bought his receivers time, then either missed, receiver dropped, or he was bailed out by Andre.

I know people want to blame Schaub's failing health throughout the year, & I know both the Chicago & Ravens games were before the bye. But even after the bye, I saw no drop of in his physical play. He still managed to get outside the pocket, but he was more reluctant to pull the trigger. That doesn't say "residual LisFranc" to me. That says he lost trust in his receiving core.

& if you've kept up with TexansChick's blog, she did a piece which showed the poor catch percentage of our receivers this year compared to previous years. & it's a pretty sharp drop off.

I've said it a hundred times since December & I'll probably say it through December, but I am not a Schaub fan. I was his one of his more consistent critics, he is not the kind of QB I like (other than he wins) & if I was king, he wouldn't be the QB of the Texans (but you'd have seen a season of SageRosenfels starting, so take that with a grain of salt).

But Schaub is much closer to Troy Aikman than he is Trent Dilfer.