View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013   #154
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87506 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub is the Rodney Dangerfield Of QBs He Gets No Respect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Any criticism you make of Schaub will be "debunked" by Schaubites.

He doesn't have scramble ability...well neither do Quaterback A or B and actually Quaterback Z does have scramble ability and he sucks...

He has a weak arm....Well according to the stats he completes a high percentage of passes over n yards...

He's not good in pressure situations...Well actually back in 200? he did this in this moment....

He's not an elite QB.....Well he may not be thought of as elite because he doesn't have a SB, but if you look at the numbers he does A, B & C just as good as this elite guy and he actually does D, C & E better than this elite guy...

Well I'll be damned. The guy doesn't seem to have many weaknesses at all. That's kind of strange considering the moments of greatness and pure awesomeness have not greatly overshadowed the moments where he's left holding his head in his hands because of some screw up or injury situation he's been involved in.

Schaub is a C- to B+ QB. That's not terrible. But he's not above reproach. He has his share of faults that could potentially hurt the team in important moments. At best Schaub is a distributor making the smart plays and feeding talented guys around him. At worst he's a guy that is trying to make plays. The guy is insulated by an offense that is QB friendly and lends itself to high percentage pass plays. Just about every QB that has played in this offense has looked better in it than most thought they would or better than they had played at any other stop.

Schaub doesn't suck. But he does have moments where he absolutely blows. He's not great, but he's had some great moments. But just from my perspective, he's sucked more than he's been great. And he's been average or good more than both.

Now see i can get with this...& for the most part I agree. the only thing i'll take issue with is the offense thing....quite frankly we don't know what Schaub would look like in another offense b/c he's really never got the opportunity to play extended time in another offense and with a better coach. I surmise that if Belichick could make Matt Cassel look like a competent starting qb in the NFL for a season, he could have Schaub looking like a HOFer...
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote