View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013   #152
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub is the Rodney Dangerfield Of QBs He Gets No Respect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenjy9 View Post
Instead of merely hoping that all of the stars to perfectly align to carry our overpaid QB to victory, I would much rather our FO start looking for his replacement NOW and throw Schaub's behind on the curb ASAP. I never advocated for that replacement to be either Yates or Keenum, though I do believe from what I have seen last year that Yates will not be a suitable replacement. Either way, neither Yates or Keenum changes how I feel about Schaub and my personal opinion is that we should be looking for better now because Schaub is not going to lead us anywhere and I am not too confident in our chances of winning WHILE carrying Schaub with Kubes at the wheel.
I really question if some of you guys watched football before The texans...or at least before they got good....

The Tuck rule play.....
The Patriots upsetting the greatest show on turf in 2001......
The Santonio Holmes tip toe TD catch to win it....
The Eli Manning sack escape leading to the Tyree catch....
The Giants upsetting the Pats in 2007.....
The Mario Manningham sideline catch....
Hell, any number of plays Jacoby Jones made in the NFC championship game and the SB this past year....especially when you consider his career to date and what happened with him in the playoff game we had against the Ravens just 1 year ago.

Those sound like "stars aligning" type of plays to you?

Any professional athlete who has won a championship will tell you that you need a little luck to win one. Why should we be expected to be any different? Why can't the percentages be the same for us to have the "stars align" and we win a SB with Schaub at the helm? Why is it a difinitive "Schaub can't or won't lead us to a Superbowl?" You guys act as if David Carr is still our qb and if we just had a better qb, we'd be a lock to win one....just completely ignoring all of the other things that could possibly have something to do with holding this team back.

& while i don't understand the logic, what i can tell you is i know of at least 2-3 qb's that are considered to be waaayyyy better than Schaub who didn't win the SB last year or the year prior and at least 5-6 more qb's that most consider better than him based on physical tools who haven't won a SB at all. I wonder why that is....

Aside from that, we had a HOFer with a rocket arm playing qb in Houston for us for like 10 years..He even had a bad ass defense backing him for a good while.....what exactly did he lead us to?
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote