View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013   #139
chenjy9
Veteran

Rep Power: 4127 chenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub is the Rodney Dangerfield Of QBs He Gets No Respect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Bringing it back to Schaub, I do not have the confidence in him that he could make this drive to set up a game winning FG. And that, in my mind, is what separates good from great.
I wouldn't quite say "good" from "great" but rather "good" from "very good" Great QB's are able to consistently carry the team on their backs when asked to and establish confidence in players and fans that he can and will when needed. Very good QB's consistently do what their team needs to win and can be counted on to not mess up usually when pressured. Good QB's are QB's that can usually help their team not lose by typically doing their jobs correctly.

When Schaub is pressured mentally, I anticipate failure from him. I anticipate underthrown passes interceptions. When we are done or need a clutch performance, I never look to Schaub or even consider him outside a desperate prayer of "Please don't screw up Schaub!" He is just far too limited to begin with and IMO, very weak mentally. Basically, to me he is not a leader on the field, but another soldier.
chenjy9 is offline   Reply With Quote