View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013   #138
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub is the Rodney Dangerfield Of QBs He Gets No Respect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think Tom's first two were on his team. He was not a very good QB back then. He was very efficient & he took care of the ball. He was on a very good team with very good coaches.
'eh, gotta' disagree a little. Yeah, great teams, without a doubt. And yeah, won on a Vinatieri kick.

However, it was a tie game (17-17) with 1:30 on the clock and no timeouts.

Brady nailed 5 of 6 passes to move the ball down the field 53 yards, setting up that FG attempt.

It took a clutch QB to make the plays in a minute and a half, under pressure of a monumental game (dude wasn't even a starter at the beginning of the season), to be a big part of winning it. That's why he won the SB MVP, in spite of stats. It was his performance.

Bringing it back to Schaub, I do not have the confidence in him that he could make this drive to set up a game winning FG. And that, in my mind, is what separates good from great.