View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013   #129
chenjy9
Veteran

Rep Power: 10842 chenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub is the Rodney Dangerfield Of QBs He Gets No Respect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
You say that checking down on 3rd down is not going to get us wins and yet, we went 12-4 last year.

This is what I'm saying... what you believe it takes to win is wrong.

Now... I expect you're going to say that "Yeah... well... that was in the regular season and we lost in the post-season. WE ARE LOSERS IN THE POST SEASON! WE CAN'T WIN WITH SCHAUB WHEN IT COUNTS BECAUSE HE'S MANNING LITE! WAH WAH WAH. WE CAN ONLY WIN IF WE'RE THE GREATEST EVAR!"

But history does not support you or your belief. You can win a SB with a QB who's not elite. (Unless of course, your definition of elite includes winning a SB.)
We did not go 12-4 because of Schaub IMO. I believe we went 12-4 IN SPITE OF Schaub. That is probably the key difference between how I see things and how you see things. I saw us (Foster and D specifically) CARRY Schaub to a winning season. I went him, when the game is on the line, to NOT check down and try to develop other options. You can be satisfied with having a QB like Schaub, but honestly I don't have any confidence in him.

Also, when did I ever say we needed a HoF QB to win? What I do believe is, we will never win a SB with Schaub under center, unless our team carries him and his mistakes, because I cannot count on Schaub to not screw things up somewhere. I am not advocating that we dump him now, but I am definitely hoping the FO replaces him or looks for his replacement sooner than later.

PS

To further elucidate my point, at no point during games do I ever find myself thinking "It's OK, Schaub will be able to win this for us" or "Schaub will be able to close this game out for us." When we are close in games and not able to grind out the clock with our run game, you know what my thought is every time we march Schaub back on the field? "God I hope he doesn't eff this up!" How about when we get to 3rd and long? "Unless AJ or Foster bails us out, we are looking at another kick or field go." I don't get positive feelings or even expectations of Schaub and that really concerns me personally going into the future. Maybe some of you are still living in the nightmare of Carr and Schaub just simply seems like a godsend to you. For me however, he is one of our few weak links on this team as a starter.

Last edited by chenjy9; 05-28-2013 at 04:14 PM.
chenjy9 is offline   Reply With Quote