View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013   #127
chenjy9
Veteran

Rep Power: 10842 chenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub is the Rodney Dangerfield Of QBs He Gets No Respect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
You mean like Cam Newton...? He finished 6-10 two years running. Stodgy old Schaub finished 10-6 and 12-4 over that same period.

Just saying neither Tom Brady nor Peyton nor Eli are your basic "scramble around keep the play alive" guys either; at least not in the same sense C. Kaepernick, Russell Wilson, and R.G.III (and the aforementioned Newton) are perceived to be.

I definitely recognize - and appreciate - the highlight reel capacity of those younger QBs...
but
I'll take lots of "conservative", stodgy, old, blah wins, with repeated helping of playoffs, over highlight segments, thank you.

But that's just me and, admittedly, I'm an old fart who wasn't raised on Madden.
I really don't agree with the Newton comment. He is 6-10 because he is not on a very good team. If he was on a team like Texans and Schaub was on the Panthers, I am personally sure the story would be very different.

I never said anything about a running QB or even a mobile QB. I understand Schaub's limitations and I am not asking for him to be able to rush like Wilson, Newton, Kaepernick, or RG3. I do expect him to not immediately check down or throw it away when he is pushed out of the pocket.

Brady, Manning, ect are top tier QB's. If we had one of those guys, we wouldn't be complaining about our QB situation now would we? Schaub is like Manning Lite v0.00000000001. He sucks compares to top tier QB's and that's why many want better.

I don't care about highlights, I care about wins. Throwing it away or checking down on a 3rd down is not going to win us games. My complaint is as that as soon as Schaub is forced out of the pocket, the play is almost always dead to us unless someone is able to bail him out.

First, I did not and do not play Madden. Secondly, let me ask you... where has our conservative QB and play calling gotten us? Exactly as far as we got last year with a rookie QB and desperate (IMHO) play calling.

Now, I know that this is not entirely Schaub's fault that our team completely broke down down the stretch. It is also not his fault that he is significantly overpaid. What is his fault however, is that we can't count on him to carry us to a W if we need him, well not consistently at least. As a highly paid player in a leader position, that really bothers me. Add on to the fact that he is old and capped out in improvements, he will not be getting any better, only worse. Point is, we need a QB that can scramble WHEN NEEDED to really make our offense shine, not an over the hill player who at best can only be counted on to manage the game and hopefully not screw up.
chenjy9 is offline   Reply With Quote