View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013   #126
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123160 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub is the Rodney Dangerfield Of QBs He Gets No Respect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
You mean like Cam Newton...? He finished 6-10 two years running. Stodgy old Schaub finished 10-6 and 12-4 over that same period.

Just saying neither Tom Brady nor Peyton nor Eli aren't "scramble around keep the play alive" guys either; at least not in the same sense C. Kaepernick, Russell Wilson, and R.G.III (and the aforementioned Newton) are perceived to be.

I definitely recognize - and appreciate - the highlight reel capacity of those younger QBs...
but
I'll take lots of "conservative", stodgy, old, blah wins, with repeated helping of playoffs, over highlight segments, thank you.

But that's just me and, admittedly, I'm an old fart who wasn't raised on Madden.
Even more so than this, I don't understand why the blame of the offensive struggles of our team is heaped upon Schaub. Our offense is run first - when the run sucks, everything else falls apart. Schaub does his best when we can't run, our weakness at the WR position is shown. We can't revert to the pass like we did in 2010 when Schaub led so many comebacks (that our defense let down). I don't know whether he was rusty coming off the foot injury and maybe a full offseason of working out will help, idk. But I wouldn't be surprised if Schaub is better this season with a full football offseason to prepare.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote