View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013   #125
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 172895 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub is the Rodney Dangerfield Of QBs He Gets No Respect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenjy9 View Post
He's definitely a good QB and we can be in a much worse situation. Something about other QB's scrambling for first downs or keeping the play alive for something to develop downfield makes me look back at Schaub in disgust though...
You mean like Cam Newton...? He finished 6-10 two years running. Stodgy old Schaub finished 10-6 and 12-4 over that same period.

Just saying neither Tom Brady nor Peyton nor Eli are your basic "scramble around keep the play alive" guys either; at least not in the same sense C. Kaepernick, Russell Wilson, and R.G.III (and the aforementioned Newton) are perceived to be.

I definitely recognize - and appreciate - the highlight reel capacity of those younger QBs...
but
I'll take lots of "conservative", stodgy, old, blah wins, with repeated helping of playoffs, over highlight segments, thank you.

But that's just me and, admittedly, I'm an old fart who wasn't raised on Madden.

Last edited by ObsiWan; 05-28-2013 at 01:23 PM.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote