View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013   #22
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52456 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Adrian Peterson comes out with his Opinion: He's "not with it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texaninlild View Post
He has an opinion, which I share. Good for him to speak his mind in the face of 'media over-hyped' backlash. Apparently not hopping on the gay-bandwagon is frowned upon by today's society. I do not care about your sexual orientation, but do not throw it in my face and expect me to applaud you!
Justice Anthony M. Kennedy, considered to be the pivotal vote on the issue, said the court was in “uncharted waters.” He questioned whether it should have even accepted the case, in which lower courts struck down California’s voter-approved Proposition 8, which restricted marriage to heterosexual couples.
http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2...e-marriage-act
Even Justice Sonia Sotomayor, whose questioning indicated that she was skeptical of the reasons proffered for why gay couples should not be allowed to marry, seemed to think that it might not be time for the court to make a bold decision.
“If the issue is letting the states experiment and letting the society have more time to figure out its direction, why is taking a case now the answer?” she asked.
http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2...e-marriage-act
Texaninlild, you and AD have questions, reservations about gay marriage. Well you clearly aren't alone, because these 2 members of the Supreme Court including the all-important swing-vote Anthony M. Kennedy and even Obama appointee Sonia Sotomayor aren't necessarily buying into the proposition of
gay-marriage, at least maybe not at this point in time.
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote