View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013   #45
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Secret Superstar: Kareem Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
There is no pretense about it.

CJ got into best discussions the last 2 years.
Fitz was in the discussion and then AJ put down 2008 and 09 and Fitz dropped out.
Moss - sorry in that time period not considered a contender. Excellent yes, best no.
Wayne has never even been discussed as the best WR in the league.
TO - I'm sorry what decade are we discussing?

The discussion by commentators was prevalent in 2008. In 2009 as he continued to perform it became assumed until he was injured the next year that he was the best.
you're looking at it through texans tinted glasses. it was aj v fitz debate for 2008. aj generally got a little more yds but fitz used to get alot more tds so it just depended on what you were looking for.

when the cards went on their SB run in 09, fitz became the popular #1 wr in the nfl after what he did in the playoffs.

also, those other guys were just guys that were at some stage in the 'best' discussion from aj's rookie year to today, not that they were in the discussion in 08/09...

but i looked it up and they ALL still outperformed aj (td wise) in 08 & 09 (aj's best seasons). thought it was a bit ironic with the way you dismissed them out of hand...

it also shows the difficulty he will face when it comes time to see if he gets in. i think you're putting alot of stock in aj being in the ''best' discussion for a year or two. i hope he does but its doubtful in my eyes
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote