View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013   #15
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Adrian Peterson comes out with his Opinion: He's "not with it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
I think ADs comments are newsworthy mostly because it's not about his attitude towards homosexuality where he's clearly expressed an attitude of tolerance even though he says he himself is "not with it", but it's that he is not supportive or tolerant of gay marriage and that almost surely is the attitude of the vast majority of the NFL rank-and-file membership. Now that's significant because he's one of the most popular and highly regarded players among his peers in the entire NFL. We've still got a PR war going on over the gay marriage issue, and right now the Supreme Court is also in final deliberations about their decision re the constitutionality of gay marriage. I'm thinking they are due with a decision in the coming weeks ?
He's not threatening to hold out from the Vikings until Minnesota overturns gay marriage so I don't really see why somebody would see why this is some big story.

Also I find it interesting how you can tell who supports gay rights and who doesn't by the language they use. Somebody using the words homosexuals or gays is almost always speaking negatively about the issue and is trying to otherize gay people. Usually they tend to shy away from calling them people in general.