View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013   #42
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Secret Superstar: Kareem Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Yeah, might not have wanted to pull that link out since the other guy you mentioned is now in the Hall.

Here is the problem with the "there are other WR's" argument - name one you are comparing him to who was ever considered the best in the NFL, not really good, not had a great career, the absolute best in the NFL for even part of his career.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
If Andre finishes out his contract (4 years remaining), he's a lock to be in the top 5 all time in receiving yards. Possibly 2nd depending on how long Reggie Wayne plays. That's HOF worthy to me, though 1st ballot might require more playoff success or perhaps a Super Bowl ring.
I hope im wrong but imo the logjam at wr is only going to get worse with all the stats 'good' modern wrs can put up. I think the value of having stats, especially yardage stats are going to diminish in the coming years.

aj has the fact that he has been in the 'best' discussion (lets not pretend like aj was widely considered as the definitive best when there was always guys like fitz, megatron, moss, wayne, TO etc) for a good few yrs in his favour but hes also going to have the 5 tds/yr average against him because there are a lot of good wrs who are averaging a lot more than that. it really sticks out in aj's hof resume compared to others
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote