View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013   #24
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 118955 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Looking a couple of years into the Texans future

I have posted many times before that i would not be surprised to see Schaub gone after 2014. I think his current deal is a beautifully handcrafted contract allowing him three years (now two) to bring home SB trophy. I am actually more focused on Myers (31) contract than AJs. He can be gone after this season with only a $4m hit and after '14 with $2m cap hit. Hopefully Ben Jones will move back to center and get some experience.

Antonio Smith's $9.5m cap hit will be gone after this season.

Wade Smith $3.75 m cap hit will be gone.

$13.25 is more than enough to resign Cushing if we want him. Until we know he is Cushing of old, I have a ? placed beside his name.

When Watt's deal is up after 2014, OD is gone saving $6.25 m
Manning's $6m is gone . Ed Reed's $5.33 should be gone (cap hit about $1m).
Brooks Reed $1.5m will be gone. Total = about $18m saved.

We just need to keep drafting well.