View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013   #13
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Looking a couple of years into the Texans future

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Let me clarify. By "right now," I mean within the next two years. Our window to win a Super Bowl is two years. After that - the year 2015 - the team will have to be broken up in order to keep key players.

A lot of our contracts are backloaded; eventually, the bill will come due.

We. Have. To. Win. NOW.
The one thing you have to consider about those backloaded contracts is that much of the money due .... isn't due. Its non-guaranteed money those players will never see , especially in the case of AJ and Schaub.

They should be able to keep those critical players on both sides of the ball beyond the tenures of #8 & 80 ....

Watt , Cushing and KJax are probably the most important of those who expire soon.
Probably the biggest question mark other than AJ and Schaub is how long Foster can remain productive ....

I do agree that as currently constructed they have a ~two year window ... but they are built for the long haul as well - pending they can find a suitable replacement under center. (I wont go into replacing #80 , you don't replace those type of players , you simply move on and .... hope the void can be filled).

This team is fairly young outside of those two players .... I think they can contend long term .... just find a QB (not that its that easy).

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote