View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013   #11
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Anyone making the trip to KC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate4l1f3 View Post
PROPS! Seems like the two BBQ places you mentioned are the most popular, so i think we have the BBQ figured out. We've gotten mixed opinions on the club scene. P&L seems like a safe choice but i had someone refer to it as more of a bar scene and and little "upscale". How mixed is KC as far as race? My friend is black and my brother and I are White/Hispanic. We want to feel comfortable wherever we go so i mixed crowd is preferred if POSSIBLE. A place with a mix of top 40 and hip hop music would be perfect! FYI we can pretty much fit in anywhere though, and can dress to impress if needed
If you go to Oklahoma Joes and didn't call in your order, you could be waiting around an hour for food. It's that popular.

P&L sounds like your type of place. There aren't any race type issues here, nor should there be anywhere. Just be a good person, and that will get you by. While P&L does have some "bars" it is the closest you'll get to a district. There are some random clubs scattered through midtown especially, but if you don't like it there, you have to cab somewhere else. The main few bar districts make it easy for you to find what atmosphere you're looking for.