View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013   #8
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Looking a couple of years into the Texans future

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
I like this thread. This is what I've been saying all along: this team has to win NOW.

RIGHT NOW.

We have about two years before JJ's contract, the Schaub situation, Andre's possible retirement and Cushing contract all hit this team at the same time.

And, let me say this about JJ: He will never, ever, ever, ever, ever play for another team. EVER. If he continues to play at the same level, McNair will open the vault and make him the highest paid player this league has ever seen.

In order to do that, though, we are eventually going to have to clean house.

That's why we have to win RIGHT NOW.

I don't know if I agree with them having to win "right now".

I believe they will do what it takes to keep the core of the defense * Cushing , Watt and KJax * together in the coming years.

The offense only AJ and Schaub are .... elderly and AJ could be productive even if he does decline.

Schaub .... maybe he gets healthy and takes the team to the promised land but if not , I think they could replace him and still be an elite team on both sides of the ball beyond this two year window.

It all boils down to what talent Rick Smith can plug in at QB if Schaub needs to retire / move on.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote