View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013   #3
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53113 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Looking a couple of years into the Texans future

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
I think most of those questions will be answered this year. I don't see a scenario where Schaub is making that much. We very likely will not have another Andre Johnson but if one of these WRs steps up, *cough*Hopkins*cough*, then it'll make the AJ scenario much easier to process.
For some reason, rational or not, I feel less worried about the WR position in two years than I do about the QB. I don't think Schaub will be worth the $17MM cap number then, so there needs to be a contingency plan. Obviously we'll see how things shake out this year, and the year after, but if none of the QB's on the roster now show any sign of being ready to take over the starting job soon, I hope the Texans spend an early round pick on a QB next year. IMO it should be the top priority.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote