View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013   #13
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: FantasyFirstRoundStrategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I think it's becoming increasingly important. I waited until the mid rounds to take Rivers and Flacco and they killed me. I switched over to waiver wire pickup Kaerpernick late and went on a 5 game win streak. But, it was too little, too late to make the playoffs. I won't wait that long to address QB this year.
Scoring dependent of course, but after the top few guys the drop off in overall points generated by QB's is not very significant. If you can get beefy point totals from say 2 WR's or 2 RB's and you get a QB that you think might have a good year in say the 3rd or 4th it's not a terrible strategy. Alternatively, I've gone with Rodgers my last two years in the first round and it's been pretty good the last couple of years.

I think the overall strategy you need to go with is being good in all of the rounds and draft from a standpoint of what can get you the most points with what you can put on the field at once.