View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013   #19
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 115066 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Secret Superstar: Kareem Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Mario got $100M, by the time JjWatt comes up there will be teams willing to give him $150M. He'll definitely have earned a big payday, but nothing like that. I don't think Jj will be looking for it though, so that will be the difference.
Watt (and all first round picks) has an option the Texans can pick up for a 5th year that will be the average of the top 10 salaries at his position (less than the franchise amount). That amount should be low enough to then be able to apply the franchise tag to JJ in year 6 without having to go over the stipulated amount due to the 20% rule.

Do I think it will play out this way - no I don't. I think that the Texans will find a way to keep JJ without having to tag him. But do I think they'll let him go after year 4 or 5 to keep from having to use these things? Absolutely not.

I don't see even a remote possibility of JJ getting on the open market until 2017.