View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013   #10
AngryNateFTW
Veteran

Rep Power: 14915 AngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Secret Superstar: Kareem Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
We'll have to wait & see how the contracts play out. If either of them are interested in getting the biggest contract possible, that guy will be moving on. While Bob ain't cheap, we're not going to overpay for anyone..... including JjWatt.

Don't get me wrong, if Kj & Jjo continue to play well, they'll deserve to get paid. Like I said, Bob will be more than willing to pay, but I doubt we'll make either of them the highest paid CB in the league, warranted or no.

We'll also have to develop another starting corner.
JJ Watt isn't going anywhere. Possibly the best defensive player for the next 10 years.

He can ask for a blank check if he wants and that's exactly what he'll get.

JJ Watt said in an interview (Before his DPOY award) that he has higher goals than just DPOY. He's looking for MVP of the league. (And obviously a Super Bowl ring)

You don't set your goals that high unless you realistically plan on reaching them. If a defensive player can actually win the MVP award then he's just that good and completely deserving of any amount of money that he wants. Keeping him is going to be an obstacle.

As far as JJo and KJax, you saw JJo get burnt more and more often as opposed to KJax who improved EVEN more after each game. If they are saving money for JJ Watt then they might need to let JJo go at some point IF (and only if) it can save them money.

Last edited by AngryNateFTW; 05-26-2013 at 12:07 AM.
AngryNateFTW is offline   Reply With Quote