View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013   #6
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where to stay and visit downtown in one day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
2 Adults.
Less than $100 if possible on a week day.
A little of all the above.

I'm thinking downtown, but I don't know if there's anything in that price range near the rail line, is there?
Well I haven't stayed in many hotels here so I would just check your favorite travel sites for deals on hotels. But also check out Club Quarters in Houston which I hear is reasonable and downtown.

Downtown is going to offer more options in the evening. Some that are very centrally located and not for the youngsters are:

La Carafe - wine bar and live music - supposedly oldest building in Houston.
Sambucca - full restaurant and bar with live jazz.
The Mercury Room - laid back art deco bar/restaurant.

Just a couple blocks off the rail line near the south end of town are:

Mai's Vietnamese - always comes up in favorite restaurant conversations.
Breakfast Klub - famous for their chicken and waffles but overall great breakfast diner.